This blog is dedicated to cars and car reviews for women. Enjoy!

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Buying a used car

Before I blog about my latest subject, I would like to apologize for being such a flake at posting. The girls are both in school, it's Girl Scout cookie time (I'm the cookie manager for our troop!) and Drew has been working seven days a week. AAACK!

Whew!

Okay. Momma wants a new ride, but I shudder at having a payment again. Oh sure, we have a payment on Drew's Mustang and he just bought a Harley! Can you hear the tension in my voice? (At least the Harley is older and we paid cash.) So, it's my turn. I think.
The problem with me is that I have champagne taste and beer money. Or, maybe sparkling cider money. Anyway, I have looked at a few vehicles that whet my appetite.

1.) Land Rover LR3. Yeehaw! I have always loved these finicky, delicate Eglish vehicles and their true off-road capability. The particular one I am looking at is a 2006 and costs about $25,000. Yikes. The payment, with a (hopefully!) good trade-in value for my van at about $10,000 would still be over $200 a month. Well, that sucks.
2.) Volvo Xc90. There are a lot of these around, but they tend to have higher miles, and most of them don't exist with the 8-cylinder engine. The 6-cylinder in this has less horsepower than my van. Bummer.
3.) Chevy Suburban. Sigh. Sigh again. I just can't seem to find a nice one, and their resale value is pretty pricey. They all have about 6 million miles on them, or are "like new" with a like new price. Oh, pooh.
4.) Ford Excursion with the 7.3 liter diesel. Yeah, right. There are about 6 of these left on the planet, and none of them are in CA.

See, dear readers my van is paid for. Paid off. I owe zippo. Nuthin'. Zero. That counts for a lot. I'm merely being selfish and immature by wanting something new, when my van is only 4 years old and perfectly perfect. Drew has his fun, fast, fabulous toys and I am getting jealous and petty.
Maybe I should just get a little dog to carry around in my purse and bark at people, while wearng a little dress and hat.
Nah. A "new" car would be cheaper.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

Check out my other blog www.coolmomcars.blogspot.com