This blog is dedicated to cars and car reviews for women. Enjoy!

Monday, September 15, 2008

Safety stuff

Yes, yes. Boring ol' safety. Before the 1980's we didn't need safety. Now we do. I personally own seven carseats (you heard me!). Three 5-point harness seats for my van, two boosters for Drew's car, and two boosters for my parents' cars. This blog entry is dedicated to keeping your kids safe in your car.

Child safety seats: Getting these in correctly is the secret to being safe. The NHTSA has an ease-of-use ratings sheet:
http://www.nhtsa.gov/staticfiles/DOT/NHTSA/Communication%20&%20Consumer%20Information/Articles/CPS%20files/seats.pdf

Britax consistently rates very hgh, becasue they are extremely easy to install and adjust. I personally own 4 seats made by Britax and sold under the name Fisher Price Safe Voyage Deluxe. They are Britax car seats, made in the Britax factory, and the registration card is actually sent to Britax. They are a fraction of the cost of the seats that say BRITAx on the front--by as much as half! I got mine at www.albeebaby.com

Parents can also go to their local CHP office and have carseats inspected/installed for free. Goore's in Sacramento will install seats for free at time of purchase and for a small fee thereafter.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

Check out my other blog www.coolmomcars.blogspot.com